MIZA Architects is a young, ambitious, design-driven and detail-oriented architecture office based in Vancouver.
ARCHITECT / INTERN ARCHITECT
with 4-8 years experience
We are looking for someone who:
– has a healthy appetite for design, complemented by a commitment to detail, excellence and thoroughness,
– has a self-driven and positive attitude,
– contributes positively to the office culture and atmosphere,
– has an inquisitive and curious nature,
– is committed to learning and growing both in the office and outside the office, and
– demonstrates highly-developed personal organizational skills.
The successful candidate will primarily be required to prepare highly detailed and well-coordinated construction drawings in Revit and engage in Contract Administration activities once construction is underway. In addition, they may be asked to contribute to other projects at different phases in the office including schematic design, design development, and construction documentation.
Successful candidates should have a post-secondary degree in architecture and demonstrate proficiency at the following:
– Preparation of construction documentation in Revit
– Excellent oral and written communication skills
– Experience in wood frame and residential construction
– Familiarity with local construction codes and building practices
The following skills would be beneficial, but are not necessarily required:
– conceptual/schematic design experience
– 3D modelling (in SketchUp or Rhino)
– rendering (with V-Ray) for architectural visualization
– Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
Please send Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org (maximum 15MB email attachment).
No phone calls please.