MIZA Architects is an ambitious, design-driven and detail-oriented architecture office based in Vancouver.
ARCHITECTURAL GRADUATE / INTERN ARCHITECT
We are looking for someone who:
– has a healthy appetite for design, complemented by a commitment to detail, excellence and thoroughness,
– has a self-driven and positive attitude,
– contributes positively to the office culture and atmosphere,
– has an inquisitive and curious nature,
– is committed to learning and growing both in the office and outside the office, and
– demonstrates highly-developed personal organizational skills.
The successful applicant will participate in all phases of project work, including conceptual/schematic design, design development, construction documents, and construction contract administration — including producing models, renderings and other materials required to explore and communicate design solutions. Other tasks may include general office administration and/or preparation of promotional materials.
Ideal candidates should have a post-secondary degree in architecture and demonstrate proficiency at the following:
– oral and written communication skills
– conceptual/schematic design
– physical model building
– 3D model building (with SketchUp and/or Rhino)
– rendering (with V-Ray) for architectural visualization
– Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc)
– 2+ years experience with Revit in an office environment
The following skills would be beneficial, but are not necessarily required:
– experience in wood frame and residential construction
– familiarity with local codes and building practices
MIZA Architects is a proponent of the AIBC’s “Intern Friendly Firm” initiative, and preference may be given to individuals currently registered, or intending to register, as an Intern Architect with the AIBC. Intern architects must be registered with the AIBC, or eligible to be registered in the province of British Columbia.
Please send Cover Letter, CV and Portfolio in PDF format to email@example.com (maximum 15MB email attachment).
No phone calls please.